What it is?
When you discovered
How you want to improve it
And how you feel about it?
- I think every person in this world has got a talent or two and few are born with many talents.
- If I talk about myself, I am not a person of many talents but one talent that I may have a little is dancing.
- There are many different dancing styles like breakdance, folk, hip-hop, contemporary but I like to do freestyle dancing.
- Since my childhood, I have loved to dance at home, parties, or marriage functions but I have never learnt or performed professionally.
- Until recently, it was my cousin’s wedding and we thought of doing a surprise dance performance for him and his fiancé.
- All my other cousins gave me the responsibility to choreograph the performance and also selected me as the lead dancer.
- We selected popular songs with catchy beats for our performance and it turned out to be really amazing.
- Everyone really liked us and appreciated our sweet gesture for the event.
- One of cousin’s friend who runs a dancing academy was really happy to see my moves and asked me from where I learnt them. When I told her that I have never learnt dancing, she suggested to me that I am really good at it and can even make a career out of it.
- This is actually when I gave serious thought to her advice and had the realization that maybe it is a talent that I have.
- I am now thinking of joining her dance academy to learn different forms of dancing and who knows maybe I would like to participate in a dancing competition one day.
- I think dancing makes me feel really happy and relaxed.
- It is also a stress buster for me and a great form of exercise.
- I forget about all the worries while dancing. It is an amazing experience.
Q. Do you think artists with talents should focus on their talents?
A. I honestly think that artists with talents should focus on it only if they are passionate about it because If we are not passionate about something then we are not able to sustain our interest in the particular activity for long. For example, the son or daughter of a famous musician might have innate talent towards music but if they do not have any interest in music they will never become successful musicians.
Q. Is it possible for us to know the children who are 3 or 4 years old will become musicians or painters when they grow up?
A. I do not think it is possible to predict what a child will grow up to be in the future at such a young age. Children at the age of 3 or 4 are very curious and show their interest in almost everything as they are discovering the world around them. It would be very difficult to identify that they will become an artist in the future or not, even if the child has some innate talent, as most of the parents do not pay much serious attention to what their child is doing.
Q. Do you think parents feel guilty for putting too much pressure on their children?
A. Well, I believe parents do not feel much guilty for putting their children under pressure because they think that they are preparing their children for the challenges that the real world would bring in the future. Parents have the idea that putting their children under pressure will motivate them to push themselves harder and achieve the impossible in life.
Q. Why people like to watch talent shows?
A. Honestly, I am not a big fan of talent shows but I think the primary reason why people love watching them is entertainment. The talent shows are full of entertainment which is based on reality as compared to the fictional dramas. People are able to relate a lot with these reality based shows and also they drive a lot of inspiration from such shows. The talent shows sometimes also show the struggling stories of the artists which a lot of people love to watch.
Q. Do you think it is more interesting to watch famous peoples or ordinary people’s show?
A. Well, I have a mixed opinion for this question as both the categories teach us different things. From famous people, we get to know the story behind their struggles, hard work, and how they became successful, which is very motivating but then sometimes I feel that famous people are pretentious and one never gets to know how they are in real life. On the other hand, ordinary people offer us the real side of humanity to which everyone is able to relate in many different ways, be it emotionally or how people actually live. Since many people are able to relate with this so they find ordinary people more interesting.